source: slightly modified from Allrecipes.com
1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 red bell pepper - seeded and diced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
1 teaspoon salt
Toss together mango, bell pepper, onion, sugar, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl. Gently fold in diced avocado and season with salt. Chill before serving.
* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - *
source: Nourish Your Life
1 cup water
1/2 cup quinoa
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper (*or substitute 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes)
1 egg white, slightly beaten
4 salmon fillets (about 3oz each)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rinse quinoa before cooking to remove bitter coating. Bring water to a boil. Stir in quinoa - cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
3. While quinoa is cooking, saute onion and red peppers in olive oil just until soft. Combine with cooked quinoa.
4. Dip salmon into egg whites and dredge in quinoa mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Serve with Avocado-Mango Salsa.
Try serving this with roasted broccoli!