These cookies have a fluffy, cakelike texture and they taste like fall. Yum!
Source: adapted from allrecipes.com
Yields: about 5 dozen
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
5. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet. Using the back of a spoon, press cookie dough to flatten the cookie.
7. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.