photo credit: Yunhee Kim (taken from original recipe page)
Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
4 large eggs
1 pound green beans, cut crosswise into thirds
4 red potatoes (1 1/4 pounds), halved
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1 avocado, diced
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
Two 6-ounce cans tuna
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the eggs and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain and let cool; peel and quarter lengthwise. Reserve the saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisptender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. In the reserved saucepan, combine the potatoes and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
5. Arrange the potatoes, green beans, bacon, avocado and tomatoes on a platter. Flake the tuna and mound over the vegetables. Top with the eggs. Drizzle the dressing on the salad.
I hoard Meyer lemons when offered them by family members who have lemon trees. I freeze their juice in ice cube trays (about 1 Tbls per cube) so that I always have lemon juice on hand for the recipes that call for just a tablespoon or two.